Have you ever said “I (we) really need a miracle?”
You probably have, like me, and so many precious people who come to me for restoration counseling who are facing serious life challenges that have left them reeling, feeling desperate for God’s intervention.
A miracle is the supernatural intervention of God.
In essence a miracle happens when Almighty God does something that can’t be done or explained by man naturally. Mere mankind can never pull off what only God can do.
Before we discuss miracles, let me suggest to you what is not miraculous. Your favorite team hits a buzzer-beater basket to win the big game. The announcer exclaims “It’s a miracle.” Not exactly. Or the Hail Mary pass in the end zone that snatches a win from the jaws of imminent defeat. Which team’s jersey do you think God was wearing? Or you hit the mega jackpot at the casino. Was Jesus playing the slots with you? Just asking.
The Bible says of Jesus “Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name, beholding His miracles (signs) which He was doing.” John 2:23. The many miracles that Jesus performed attested to the truth that He was God’s only Son.
One of my favorite miracles (actually all of Christ’s miracles are my favorites) is found in Mark 5:25-34. I encourage you to take a moment to read it. I will highlight this healing miracle.
- The woman needed a miracle. She had a very serious medical condition. “And the woman who had a hemorrhage for twelve years…” (Verse 25).
- No one could help her. Physicians were baffled. Bank account empty. Nowhere to turn. “And had endured much at the hands of many physicians had spent all that she had and was not helped at all, but rather had grown worse.” (Verse 26).
- She had faith for a miracle. This worn-out, beleaguered, desperate woman believed Jesus could do something for her. “If I just touch His garments, I shall get well.” (Verse 28).
- She positioned herself for the miracle she needed. She pushed through the crowd to get to Jesus. “After hearing about Jesus, came up in the crowd behind Him and touched His cloak.” (Verse 27).
- She was immediately healed of her hemorrhage. “And immediately the flow of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of her affliction.” (Verse 29).
- She was recognized by Jesus for her faith. “And He said to her “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace and be healed of your affliction.” (Verse 34).
- Her attitude (faith) led to action (touched Jesus’ clothes) resulting in a miracle!!!
WOW! What an awesome, life-changing moment for this dear lady! Healed miraculously. On the spot. Completely. Bleeding gone. Depression lifted. No longer a social outcast. Glory to God!
Imagine how she felt as she walked away that day. How would you have felt? I believe I would be filled with joy inexpressible and thanksgiving that knows no bounds. My heart would be bursting with rapturous praise to my Lord and Savior! Thank you Jesus for what you did for me.
How To Receive a Biblical Miracle
- Believe that miracles can happen. Last time I checked, God is still in the miracle working business.
- Miracles happen to people who need them. You have done everything you know what to do with no results. Without God intervening in some way, your situation looks bleak at best.
- Trust God for a miracle. Believe in the Lord to perform the miracle you need. Miracles take place because of faith, not fate, luck or good fortune.
- Be in position for the miracle you need. Are you in the place where God can do a supernatural work in your life?
- Be sure your miracle is based on God’s will and Word. There are some things in life that we want the Lord to do that His character and Word won’t allow Him to do.
- Ask God for the miracle you need. Be very specific. Name your need. Lay it before the Lord. Then take your hands off, leaving your need in His miraculous hands.
- Receive your miracle by faith before you see it in the natural. “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1. Miracles don’t always happen in the exact way we envision them.
- Thank God for the miracle coming your way. Trust His timing and means of providing the miracle you need.
- Always remember to share the miracle you receive with others, giving all the glory to God!
Thoughts on positioning. Can you really expect a miracle as you are chugging down a Bud Light in a bar, living an immoral lifestyle, willfully disobeying the Word of God, or forsaking worship with God’s followers? Just a thought.
Our lady, who was miraculously healed, got close to Jesus. There is miracle working power in Jesus’ name and His Word.
My friend, Almighty God specializes in miracles. Yes, in 2018 Jesus still performs miracles.
I don’t know what miracle you might need at this time, but you and God do, so why not ask Him for what you need and believe Him for it?
Hang up your hang-ups regarding His miraculous power. Trust the Lord to show Himself strong on your behalf in such a way that you can only say “Look what my God did!”.
Maybe the miracle you need currently is just around faith’s corner!
“For nothing shall be impossible with God.” Luke 1:37
A Word For Your Week:
Position yourself so God can perform the miracle you need.